In this post, we’re going to be checking out the best graphics card you can buy right now. I made this list based on our own opinion, research, and customer reviews.
I included options for every type of consumer. So whether you’re looking for a budget graphics card for 1080P gaming or a premium card they can handle anything you throw at it.
We considered the quality, features, and values when listing the 10 best graphics cards possible.
Top 10 Best Graphics Card to buy in 2021
10. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
The 10th Best Graphics Card on our list is Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. It is our best budget graphics card. The graphics cards, much like everything else on the desktop, come in a wide range of variations, specs, and most notably, price.
If you’re building an entry-level PC and want a great budget GPU, then take a look at this GeForce GTX 1660 Ti by Gigabyte. This GeForce GTX 1660 Ti is a solid contender in the entry-level GPU market. Gigabyte’s take on the 1660 Ti includes a higher clock rate than the original or more flexible power ceiling in an extra-large fan and some RGB lighting.
Thanks to the graphics card’s big heat sink and wind force two times thermal solution, the GPU continually operates at low temperatures even at a moderate load because of its intelligent design.
The fans are programmed to stay off until the internal temperature hits 140°F, which means you’ll rarely be faced with loud fan noise unless you start pushing the car to its limits. This temperature control allows you to play games like
Overwatch at 1080P without a stutter hitting over 140 frames per second. It uses the fans at 65 percent of their capable speed, even raising the quality to 1440P. It is manageable with this chipset once more, proving this GPU’s capability.
- It’s a highly capable GPU for this price point.
- Some RGB lighting adds to the design of the graphics card and helps it stand out inside your gaming rig.
- It delivers excellent performance at 1080P and respectable at 1440P for some titles reaching great frame rates for less demanding games.
- It cools a large heat sink in twin fans alongside intelligent thermal control keeps this GPU calm and quiet.
- It is very reasonable and cool.
- Best budget graphics card.
- It has RGB lighting.
- It gives excellent performance.
- It has limited lighting.
- It has a plastic backplate.
If you’re trying to find the best budget graphics card on the market today, the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti makes a compelling case with its performance, cooling, and inexpensive price tag.
9. Sapphire AMD Radeon RX580
The 9th Best Graphics Card on our list is Sapphire AMD Radeon RX580. It is the best budget graphics card. Suppose you’re looking for a budget graphics card for 1080P NVR gameplay but don’t want to shell out for the premium cards.
In that case, the Sapphire AMD Radeon RX580 is a great choice that delivers excellent performances at an affordable price and maybe the best graphics card for you.
The RX580 is a great mid-range graphic card to take on the latest AAA games in full HD and 1440P resolution. With the 1366 megahertz boost clock speed and 8 gigabytes of GDDR5 memory.
You’ll get excellent 1080P gaming performance and be able to push it quickly to 60 FPS and higher at maximum settings in Fortnite, Witcher 3, Battlefield 1, and more including the latest releases.
When it comes to gaming in 1440P, you’ll have to make some compromises. But depending on your settings, including anti-aliasing which can be a killer motion blur and depth of field.
You should still keep high to Max settings and find your average out at about 40 to 50 FPS for VR. You have more than enough power to enjoy a 90 plus FPS in all but the most intensive VR games.
You’ll be able to use steam VR’s resolution scaling feature to bring it to an acceptable level if you run into any performance issues. Overall the AMD RX580 8 gigabyte is the updated iteration of the RX480 and is the best value gaming GPU around right now.
It’ll beat out the GTX 1060 and slightly lags behind the RX590, but the RX580 is still cheaper than both.
- Boost clock speeds up to 1366 megahertz.
- High polymer aluminum capacitors are offering outstanding reliability.
- High cooling due to dual fans.
- It’s a high price with better performance.
- It is faster than Radeon RX480.
- It has excellent 1080P, good 1440P, and solid VR gameplay.
- Higher power consumption than the Radeon RX480 under load.
- It lags far behind GTX 1060 in power efficiency.
If you’re looking for a budget graphics card for 1080P high settings and 60 FPS without breaking the bank, the Sapphire AMD Radeon RX580 may be the best graphics card for you.
8. Asus GeForce GTX 1660
The 8th Best Graphics Card on our list is Asus GeForce GTX 1660. It is the best value per dollar graphics card. If you can afford to spend a bit more on your graphics card then the Asus GeForce GTX 1660 is an overall great value for the dollar.
The GeForce GTX 1660 super now adds GDDR6 video memory. So you get a significant boost in memory speed and its speed is close to the GTX 1660 TI performance levels.
It’s power by Nvidia with 1408 CUDA Cores and overclock 6 gigabytes GDDR6 memory and a 2.7 slot form factor and delivers a great gaming experience that you’re going to love when playing those AAA titles in full HD at maxed-out settings.
The dual axial tech fans are there to increase air pressure. You’ll be able to connect up to 3 monitors including DisplayPort HDMI and DVI from Max resolution of 7680 x 4320.
One of the great things that come with the GTX 1660 is the advanced software options including GPU Tweak, XSplit Gamecaster, WTFast, Quantum Cloud and GeForce experienced software to customize and enhance the GTX 1660 performance.
So, if you’re looking for a 1080P card, this supercharge 1660 is one of the best value graphics cards you’ll find on the market in this price range.
- The graphic performance uses award-winning Nvidia Turing architecture.
- The auto revolutionary technology reduces thermal strain, lowers manufacturing power consumption, and enhances reliability.
- The GPU Tweak II provides thermal controls and system monitoring.
- The dual axial tech fan design features a unique barrier ring to increase air pressure.
- The 2.7 slot design expands the cooling surface area.
- It offers exceptionally smooth 1080 P frame rates.
- It draws low power.
- The modest gains over 1060 6 gigabytes.
- It has only one HDMI and displays port.
If you’re trying to stretch the graphics card dollar for the biggest bang for the Buck, the Asus GeForce GTX 1660 is an overall great value for the dollar that’s faster than the original 1660. So you get a significant boost in memory speed with GDDR6 video memory, pushing it close to the GTX 1660 TI performance levels.
7. MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
The 7th Best Graphics Card on our list is MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti. It is our best value graphics card. If you’re looking for a graphics card that packs in a lot of performance for its price, then MSImight has the answer for you.
MSI was on a mission when they put their touches on Nvidia’s RTX 3060 Ti. They improved upon the design without boosting the price. The result is a premium GPU at an affordable price. When comparing the original 3060 TI to MSI’s reworking of it, the first thing you’re bound to notice is the addition of a third fan.
MSI kept Nvidia’s patented ampere architecture for the GPU itself and used advanced second-generation ray-tracing cores and third-generation tensor cores to crank up your gaming from good to great, making 1080P and 1440P gaming a breeze.
MSI completely gutted and remade the cooling system for this GPU, and it’s a massive win for consumers. The zero froze fans completely stop when temperatures reach a certain threshold, effectively eliminating all noise when active cooling is in need. The fans will automatically start spinning again when the heat increases during gaming.
It includes a lightweight composite graphene backplate that reinforces the length of the graphics card while providing passive thermal conduction properties.
Artificial intelligent boosts frame rates and improve image quality using the dedicated AI processing tensor cores on the GeForce RTX.
- You get premium performance without the premium price.
- Excellent stability when overclocking helps your rival even more powerful GPUs.
- Artificial intelligence maximizes the second generate racing cores.
- Fans run dead quiet, and it just automatically based on your usage.
- It comes overclocked out of the box.
- It gives superior performance for the price.
- Its fans are quiet.
- It looks nice.
- It is excellent for 1080P and 1440P gaming.
- Overclocking is more complicated.
- Only 8GB of memory.
- Stock is limited.
Overall, the MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti is a premium GPU capable of comfortable 1440P gaming at an incredibly reasonable price. The power performance and cooling capabilities make this an excellent value purchase for a graphics card.
6. Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Super
The 6th Best Graphics Card on our list is Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Super. It is a great value graphics card for 4K gaming.
The Asus Dual GeForce RTX 2070 Super Evo OC edition provides a ton of bang for your buck, but this GPU does it with 4K and some overclocking. Asus went out and made an aftermarket upgrade to the RTX 2070 Super, and it adds an extra bit of oomph.
The core is massive and does an excellent job of keeping temperatures low. The GPU uses an onboard controller to monitor and stop the fans when the score drops below the threshold of 130°F and high. Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Super lets you enjoy some light gaming in relative silence.
Performance-wise, you essentially get an RTX 2080 for the price of 2070, thanks to the overclocking capability the Asus added in. Nvidia’s inclusion of tensor cores means that this GPU is essentially future-proof as the rest of the industry continues to catch up.
This graphics card offers fairly decent 60-hertz gaming at 4K with a wonderfully low price point, and we need to tip our hats to Asus and Nvidia for that.
When you lower the settings to 1440P, the frame rate skyrockets you can play even the most demanding triple games without the GPU putting up a fuss. Games like Far Cry 5 and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla look gorgeous. It’s all thanks to the work the Nvidia and Asus put in.
- You get superb performance for the price.
- Excellent stability when overclocking helps your rival with even more powerful GPUs.
- It offers decent 4K gameplay at 60 hertz and high refresh rates at 1440P.
- Triple Axial-Tech 0db Fans increase airflow through the heat sink and boast IP 5X dust resistance.
- It has a very decent overclock.
- The design is great.
- It is very cool and quiet.
- Gives excellent performance.
The fan does not have RGB lighting.
All in all, the Asus Duo GeForce RTX 2070 Super Evo OC edition doesn’t come at the same rock bottom price as the 1660 TI. But its 4K capability and overclocking means that it still represents exceptional value for high-end gaming.
If you’re looking for a great GPU without the sting of paying a scalper for 3080, then this might be the graphics card for you.
5. XFX RX 5700 Thicc III Ultra
The 5th Best Graphics Card on our list is the XFX RX 5700 Thicc III Ultra. It is the best graphics card for under $500. If you’re looking for the best graphics card for gaming under $500 the XFX RX 5700, Thicc III Ultra is one of AMD’s best high-end GPUs and can run games at fast speeds.
It generally comes in under Nvidia prices, making it an excellent choice for you. The XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra is one of the biggest overclocks on the market today with loads of metal.
The XFX card is probably one of the heaviest and largest cards in the market. There are no RGB LEDs which disappoint some gamers. But it’s still a cool-looking graphics card with a cool muscle car design.
It’s a triple slot unit to occupy plenty of space on your motherboard. You’ll find three fans on this card. The two outer fans are 90-millimeter models, and there’s a 100-millimeter spinner in the middle.
You’ll find the addition of an extra fan will improve cooling and slow all of the fans down, reducing the overall fan noise.
The thick card is a solid performer at 1080P. Averages are above 100 FPS and usually only about 2 or 3 frames behind the RTX 2070 super and can occasionally even match the Nvidia card for pace.
It also has the speed to play ESports titles at 1080P. The refresh rate of 240 hertz and higher. XFX RX 5700 Thicc III Ultra is an excellent option for even competitive gaming and for most single-player titles you’ll get an average of beyond 60 FPS at 1440P.
It can handle 4K games very quickly, but you must expect to make some compromises. It’ll average between 33 FPS and 75 FPS so you’ll have to drop down some of the graphics settings.
Overall it’ll run anything at 1080P most games will play smoothly at 1440P too. 4K gaming will take a hit without some compromises to your gaming settings.
- The XFX Zero DB Auto load sensing fans runs at a high performance where the zero DB fans system keeps the fans running at efficient RPM to minimize annoying fan noise.
- The dynamic cooling yields lower temperatures and gives high performance.
- The great 1080P and 1440P gameplay.
- The superb physical design and build.
- The fan runs very quietly.
- Its price is lower than the RTX 2070 super.
- It is a long heavy card.
- This card offers no raytracing.
- It comes with low 4K frame rates.
- It can’t always handle 4K games.
If you’re looking for one of the best graphics cards for gaming the XFX RX 5700 Thicc III Ultra has AMD’s top high-end GPU. It can run games at fast speeds without going over the $500 threshold for an excellent 1080P gaming experience at averages of 100 FPS this is a perfect choice for you.
4. MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2080
The 4th Best Graphics Card on our list is MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2080. It is the best graphics card for under $1000. If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line gaming graphics card that can even handle 4K without tipping over the $1000 mark, MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 may be the best choice for you.
You get smooth frame rates and outstanding performance while staying within your budget. The MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 is the next generation turning from Nvidia and hits the sweet spot of high performance and fully justifies its steep price tag.
It’s a high-end graphics card that can handle 4K at 60 FPS on most games that many cards struggle to achieve. You won’t find many other mainstream graphics cards as powerful as the RTX 2080.
It also features 46 RT cores and 468 tensor cores which helps to render real-time ray tracing and artificial intelligence-powered computations. It will blow through gaming at 1080P and 4K the Nvidia RTX 2080 can hit an impressive 60 FPS.
Playing shadow of the tomb raider at 4K at the highest settings available with HDR turned on does bring the frame rate down to 40 FPS, which delivers an impressive 60 to 75 FPS.
- The Torx fan 3.0 is supremely silent with the dispersion fan blade that accelerates the airflow. A traditional fan blade directs airflow to the heat sink.
- The Tri-Frozr thermal design uses Torx fans 3.0 with double ball bearings for the heat sink is optimized and heat dissipation.
- The Nvidia Turing is the first GPU capable of real-time ray tracing.
- It can handle 4K 60 FPS on most games that many cards struggle to achieve.
- Afterburner overclocking utility.
- It comes with a predator for in-game video recording combustor for DirectX12 benchmark and supports multi GPU setups.
- The LED effects with exclusive MSI software and synchronize the look and feel with other components.
- It dips under 60 FPS with some 4K games.
- It demands more power.
If you’re looking for the best graphics card for 4K gaming for under $1000 the MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 is a great choice, and you’ll get an incredible 4K performance.
3. Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 TI
The 3rd Best Graphics Card on our list is Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 TI. It is the best overall graphics card. If you are a gamer looking for gameplay with absolutely the smoothest frame rates at 4K with in-game settings Max out, then the Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 TI should be the top of your list.
The Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 TI is a very expensive card and you would expect everything from one of their flagship series gaming cards. The sheer power of it will attain the most demanding 4K games.
The factory overclocked model has a big cooler with improved alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, improved power stages, fans, and axial tech fans. It has the firepower to push those speeds higher.
On the default gaming mode setting, the GPU has a base clock of 1350 megahertz that can boost up to 1650 megahertz, and on the OC setting Strix 2080 TI boosts it to an impressive 1665 megahertz.
It’s one of the most powerful GPUs for gaming on the market, but It’s also one of the most expensive, considering you could build an entire PC for the price of this one graphics card alone.
In real-world gameplay, you can expect up to 75 FPS and averaging about 61 FPS in 4K on Max in-game settings playing shadow of the tomb raider. You’re not going to see much better than that from any other graphics card.
- The all-new RTX platform delivers up to 6 times the performance of previous-generation graphics cards with real-time ray tracing and AI2 games.
- The Direct X12 delivers rendering techniques for more lifelike gaming.
- It uses auto-extreme technology to enhance reliability.
- It is tranquil with the quiet bios enabled.
- It gives a better 4K 120-hertz possible performance with lower settings.
- The anti-Aliasing TLSS is a useful new AA method.
- The GPU Tweak2 provides intuitive performance tweaking and thermal controls.
- The Asus FanConnect II comes with controlled fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- The axial tech fans feature an overall better design and IP 5X dust resistance.
- The 2.7 slot design expands the cooling surface area by over 20 per cent compared to the last-gen.
- The max contact technology allows two times more contact with the GPU chip for improved thermal transfer.
- You can buy this premium card at a premium cost.
- The RGB lighting dated in the face of addressable RGB from the competition.
- It requires Windows 10.
If you’re looking for one of the best graphics cards available and willing to pay to get smooth frame rates at 4K with in-game settings Max out, then the Asus ROG Strix GeForce RX20 AT TI is one of the best options for you.
2. Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700XT
The 2nd Best Graphics Card on our list is Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700XT. It is our best graphics card for most people.
If you’re looking for a graphics card that hits the sweet spot with solid GPU performance, excellent cooling, and a reasonable price, the Gigabyte hits all those marks with their AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. When you take the graphics card out of the box, there are few things you’ll notice immediately.
The triple-fan setup and the sleek black design make the 5700 XT stand out. There’s a bit of RGB lighting as well, adding to the GPUs overall aesthetic. The three fans and the heat sinks do wonders for cooling the GPU.
The center fan spins counter-intuitively from the left and right fans to maximize airflow throughout the unit without getting excessively noisy.
Gaming is a breeze at 1080P with the Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. It will have no problem reaching a decent number of frames per second, ranging from most games like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Forza Horizon 4 on ultra settings to a respectable 55 plus in GPU killing games like Metro Exodus.
When it comes to 4K gaming, it can struggle with choppy frame rates and power requirements.
- The wind force three times cooler uses three fans spinning at 2000 RPM to ensure efficient cooling throughout the GPU.
- The airflow split by the triangular fan edge and the 3D active fan provide semi-passive cooling.
- The solid performance and overclocking make it ideal for most gamers the 4K performance is hit or miss.
- A sleek black design with three fans and some RGB makes this GPU look futuristic.
- It gives excellent cooling for price.
- It delivers excellent performance.
- The design is fantastic.
There is no ray tracing.
For most gamers, Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT accomplishes everything required for the graphics card. A reliable frame rate to 1080P, excellent cooling, and an affordable price make the 5700 XT the best fit for most gamers.
1. Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080
The 1st Best Graphics Card on our list is Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080. It is our best overall graphics card. If you’re looking for top performance, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 makes a case for one of the best graphics cards around.
It’s been in high demand ever since its initial release. There’s a reason why the RTX 3080 is such a commodity. It delivers true 4K graphics at over 60 frames per second without breaking the bank.
For the longest time, 4K gaming was a pipe dream as reliable frame rates were rare unless you are willing to pay a hefty premium. The RTX 3080 change that, and that’s great for gamers, with Nvidia’s older flagship more acceptable for the mainstream market.
You’ll be running just about everything, including Final Fantasy 14 running anywhere from 75 to 100 frames per second at 4K, and that’s at maximum graphic settings. Plus, the control will look fabulous with some stunning particle effects.
The upcoming games will have some heavy performance requirements, and the RTX 3080 is NextGen ready with more powerful GPUs than the PS 5 or Xbox series X.
They even went so far as to improve upon their cooling system. The 3080 takes advantage of 2 fans that spin in opposite directions. These fans help pull air through the radiator much better than previous generations, and they do so quietly.
- It is one of the fastest graphics cards available to purchase.
- It delivers true 4K graphics at 60 plus frames per second.
- It’s two fans that spin in opposite directions that help pull air through the radiator better and reduce noise.
- The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 is an industry-leading graphics card for avid gamers looking for great 4K gaming at or close to 60 frames per second.
- It is one of the fastest graphics cards.
- It gives excellent performance.
- Cool and very reasonable.
- It delivers true 4K graphics.
There is no DLSS.
It is very power-hungry.
It is expensive, but with the heavy demands of the NextGen games, which the RTX 3080 will be more than able to handle, it’s more of an investment.
Recommended Best Graphics Cards are Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 & Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700XT. Other laptops on this list are also great. You can select and buy one from the above Amazon link as per your need and requirements.
That’s our Best Graphics Cards buying guide; hopefully, you found it helpful. Thank you so much, guys, for reading this post, and I hope you enjoyed reading the post.
Also, Read Our Other Interesting Blog Post